One-Year Internship: Business as Mission in South Asia
Use your business skills to reach the lost in South Asia.
We are a business team with the vision to see reproducing house churches established in the Muslim communities of our city. We have identified business as an excellent way to gain access into these closed communities and bless them on a multitude of levels. Our ultimate goal is to see transformed lives and communities.
What is the vision for the one-year internship?
- Join the existing field team to engage the local community in relationships through a handicraft export business.
- Gain practical church planting training and Business as Mission (BAM) training with an experienced field team.
- Learn language and culture while serving the community.
- Be mentored by a more mature member of the field team.
- You must be at least 21 years old and available to spend at least six months on the field.
- Because of both cultural issues and the makeup of the existing team, single men will be ideal for this role. However, single women are also welcome, providing they are willing to split their time between helping care for children and helping with the business. Couples are also encouraged to apply.
- The preferred time of service is from August to July, but other timeframes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The team are looking for people who have experience in product design, graphic design, social media marketing, photography/videography, sales/marketing, quality control, management, accounting/finance, writing, nursing/medical skills or other skills that would contribute to a small business.The team will definitely consider people who don’t necessarily have the particular skills listed above. These skills would be HELPFUL but not required. However, a willingness and humility to do whatever needs to be done is required.
- A humble, teachable spirit and commitment to grow in God’s grace.
- A love for the gospel and commitment to being continually impacted by its power.
What ministry activities will the intern be involved in?
Our team has a handicraft export business. We work with Muslim artisan men in silver and brass jewelry, gemstones, textiles, wood, and handmade paper. We also work with uneducated Muslim women who have previously had no source of income. Often these women are not allowed to leave their homes for cultural and religious reasons, so we train them and offer them work in textiles and jewelry that they can make in their homes. We give them fair wages in a caring community. We’ve helped them establish their own cottage industries and trained them in management skills. Because we work side by side with these Muslim artisans, we are able to share truth with them regularly and identify which people are interested in going deeper. Our ultimate goal is to see transformed lives and communities.
If you think you might be a good fit for this team, get in touch with our team to find out more.
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Pioneers has hundreds of cross-cultural mission opportunities available – far too many to list on our website. Get in touch with our team to find an opportunity that’s right for you!